Principle of reverse osmosis system. :Reverse Osmosis (RO) is the process, in which water is pressurized through a semi –permeable membrane. As a result of this, as shown in the below depicted schematic diagram, water will pass through the membrane surface while the dissolved and particulate materials are left behind. When the pressure is applied to the concentrated solution, water is forced through the membrane from the concentrated side to the dilute side. This process is known as“ Reverse Osmosis.”
The Membrane Based Technology :The application of Reverse Osmosis to the solution of problems in water treatment requires an understanding of the basic mechanisms involved in the process, the limitations of reverse osmosis and the pre treatment requirements.
Reverse osmosis utilizes the unique properties of a “Imported” semi- permeable membrane to allow fluid to pass while restricting the flow of Dissolved Ionic material. With pressure applied to impure water on one side of such membrane materials, pure water will pass through, leaving most of the impurities behind. The rejection of the dissolved ionic material is a function of both Molecular weight and Ionic charge. For example, we can expect a nominal 90 % rejection of Sodium Chloride, which means that the product water passing through the membrane will have a concentration of salt approximately One-tenth that if the feed water. The rejection of calcium carbonate (Hardness) will be nearly 95%. While most metallic salts will be rejected at a rate of 98% to 99%.
Reverse Osmosis (RO) is a process of physical separation of dissolved solids and minerals present in water. This technology uses the principle of osmosis, wherein the mineral concentration of raw water is reduced by applying high pressure through a semi-permeable membrane.
- Boiler & Cooling Tower Make up
- Process water
- Recycling of Treated water
- To reduce TDS as per the reuirement
- 4” or 8” TFC Spiral wound membranes
- SS 304 / FRP housing for the membranes
- MS / SS / Fabricated Skid Epoxy Pained
- SS 304 / 316 Multi Stage Vertical Pump with Accessories
- 5 micron Cartridge Pre Filter
- SS 304 / SS 316 Piping for higher version like electro polished
- Low pressure switch
- High pressure switch
- Liquid filled pressure gauges, panel mount for pump suction, membrane feed, and final concentrate
- Permeate conductivity monitor
- Permeate & concentrate flow meters
- Completely pre wired control panel and an electrical switch gear panel / PLC based control Panel
- Proper instrumentation and safely interlocks.