Product DescriptionDM Plant is an Ion exchange technology used to remove salts (cations and anions) from water. Soluble chemical compounds, when dissolved in water, become ionized; that is their molecules dissociate into positively and negatively charged components called ions.
DM Water systems produces high quality water free from any kind of minerals. It operates on the principle of ion exchange, degasification and polishing for treating water and removing ions. Demineralization technology is one of the cost effective solutions for treatment of water. These systems are widely used to treat water in the field of steam, power, process, and cooling.
Varieties of Demineralized Water Systems:
WorkingFeed water is passed through two small polystyrene beds filled with ion exchange resins. The cations present in water get exchanged with hydrogen ions in first bed. And the anions are exchanged with hydroxyl ions, in the second bed.
- The Feed water is pumped in to cationic based this units remove Cationic ions from the water
- Then the water enters through the Strong Base Anions and Anions get removed from the water stream
- Mixed Bed units polishes the water, greatly reducing the conductivity level
- The feed pumps provide regeneration water to the regeneration skids
- Different regeneration skids provide the necessary amount of dilute chemical to the demineralization vessels
- Finally the demineralized water is then passed to the storage tank
Technical specificationsAfter the exchange, the quality of water is as follows:
- Cation quality - less than 10 Micro siemens per centimeters
- 7.5 to 8.5 pH
- Used as a polishing unit, the mixed bed has less than 1 micro siemens quality
- Boilers feed water
- Swimming pools
- Automobile industry
- Ion Exchange Plants